Coinsurance

After you meet your insurance plan’s deductible, the coinsurance is the percentage of a covered service that you are responsible for paying. For example, if your insurance pays 80% of the allowed amount, you are responsible for the remaining 20% of the charge. So, if you’ve met your deductible, and receive medical services that cost $100, you are responsible for paying $20 and your insurance is responsible for paying $80. Not all insurance plans include coinsurance, and not all plans have the same split (e.g., 80/20). Always review your policy and outline of coverage to understand what you may be responsible for paying.

« Back to Glossary Index

Warning: Use of undefined constant nolinks - assumed 'nolinks' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/sgicinsurance.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/single.php on line 74